[Forum] Noget med memory?

From: Marie Lund <marielund@post.cybercity.dk>
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 12:37:51 CEST

Kan denne fejlmeddelelse have noget med mit generelle problem at gøre?

[root@sofie root]# man 8 mount
et øjeblik, siden formateres...

bzip2/libbzip2: internal error number 1007.
This is a bug in bzip2/libbzip2, 1.0.2, 30-Dec-2001.
Please report it to me at: jseward@acm.org. If this happened
when you were using some program which uses libbzip2 as a
component, you should also report this bug to the author(s)
of that program. Please make an effort to report this bug;
timely and accurate bug reports eventually lead to higher
quality software. Thanks. Julian Seward, 30 December 2001.

*** A special note about internal error number 1007 ***

Experience suggests that a common cause of i.e. 1007
is unreliable memory or other hardware. The 1007 assertion
just happens to cross-check the results of huge numbers of
memory reads/writes, and so acts (unintendedly) as a stress
test of your memory system.

I suggest the following: try compressing the file again,
possibly monitoring progress in detail with the -vv flag.

* If the error cannot be reproduced, and/or happens at different
  points in compression, you may have a flaky memory system.
  Try a memory-test program. I have used Memtest86
  (www.memtest86.com). At the time of writing it is free (GPLd).
  Memtest86 tests memory much more thorougly than your BIOSs
  power-on test, and may find failures that the BIOS doesn't.

* If the error can be repeatably reproduced, this is a bug in
  bzip2, and I would very much like to hear about it. Please
  let me know, and, ideally, save a copy of the file causing the
  problem -- without which I will be unable to investigate it.

Fejl ved udførsel af formaterings- eller udskriftskommando.
System kommandoen (cd /usr/share/man && (echo ".pl 1100i";
/usr/bin/gunzip -c '/usr/share/man/man8/mount.8.gz'; echo ".\\\""; echo
".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/gtbl | /usr/bin/nroff -c --legacy ISO-8859-1
-mandoc 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/bzip2 > /var/cache/man/cat8/mount.8.bz2)
returnerede med status 768.

Marie